2019 Conference Evaluation
A BIG thank you to the 74 (74 of 100) conference attendees who completed the BRI 2019 Conference Evaluation. Your feedback is important as we plan for BRI 2020 and beyond. As you read the highlights please note:
- There was TONS of feedback on the survey. The Board and Committee Chairs are still reviewing the survey in depth and will be using it for planning purposes throughout the year.
- Not all respondents answered every question.
- We are a diverse group of leaders and the responses reflect that, adding to the overall uniqueness and beauty of our BRI family.
Here are some key highlights:
- 64% of respondents ranked their overall BRI conference experience as excellent or great
- 99% said BRI offered opportunities to DISCOVER (provided you with new knowledge and/or skills)
- 97% said BRI offered opportunities to CONNECT (offered meaningful interaction with colleagues)
- 94% said BRI offered opportunities to EXPLORE (contributed to your development as a leader)
- 96% said BRI offered opportunities to REFRESH & RENEW (provided you with a chance to relax and rejuvenate)
- Conference attendees ranked Joan Garry and Phil Kaye’s presentations as highlights of the week.
- Skill Labs and Discussion Groups received a lot of positive feedback.
- This year’s program book was a big hit!
- 89% of respondents thought this year’s activities were great!
- 97% of respondents ranked opportunities to connect with other Ridgers as good or excellent.
- 37% of respondents attended BRI with a partner/spouse or children/grandchildren.
- 65% of respondents indicated bringing a partner/spouse or children/grandchildren to BRI was important to them.
- Over 80% of respondents said pre-conference communication was helpful and over 90% prefer communication via email.
- 67% of respondents have personally supported BRI financially.
- 24% of survey respondents were Fresh-persons, 42% have attended 2-5 institutes, 11% have attended 6-10 institutes and 23% have attended 11 or more times.
- Just over half of those Ridgers who responded have nominated someone else to attend BRI.
Areas for potential improvement included:
- Pre-conference Communication: Survey respondents asked for more information about the weekly/daily schedule in advance of the conference and more information for new attendees about what to expect.
- Meals: There were requests for additional meal options for breakfast and dinner (similar to the meal plan offered at lunch).
- Location: Some concerns were expressed about the accessibility of Fontana Village Resort including getting there (travel) and the on-site accessibility of the lodge, restaurant, etc.
- Program: Continue to bring well-known speakers to BRI.